Donaldson and Partners is one of the most long established veterinary practices in Yorkshire. The practice has been caring for animals in West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and parts of Derbyshire for over 100 years.
During that time, the ownership, name and surgery locations have changed and evolved and the nature of today’s high tech veterinary practice is very different to the early days and yet the core principles of the founding philosophy still hold true in the 21st century as the practice continues to provide a very personal service and balances high quality 24-hour veterinary care with the requirement to keep treatment costs to an affordable level.
The practice originally had premises by the Town Hall on a site now occupied by the Indoor Market. It moved to a new site at Maple Street, Aspley in the 1950’s when the Surgery was built in the back garden of Mr Donaldson’s house. Ownership passed from Mr Donaldson Senior to Mr Donaldson Junior and Mr Donaldson junior took on 6 Partners. The surgeries at Thongsbridge, Birchencliffe and Mirfield have been added over the last 18 years and when Mr Donaldson Junior retired from the practice some years ago, the remaining 6 Partners continued the business, adding The Animal Rehabilitation Centre to the facilities.
In the latest step of the evolution of the practice, the ownership remains unchanged but the name of the group has changed from Donaldson and Partners to Donaldson’s Vets Ltd. The new structure will alter nothing on a day to day basis in terms of providing quality veterinary care but will provide a more modern business structure and allow the practice to look to the future and continue to invest in the rapidly changing world of modern veterinary practice.